Produces health literate citizens through a curriculum that addresses physical, mental, emotional, and social dimension of health. The curriculum provides students with and in-depth study of: comprehensive sexuality education, first aid, CPR, diseases, body systems and nutrition.
Personal Fitness elective for those who are interested in enhancing their fitness level. Personal Fitness is a sequentially planned, developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction that promotes a health and active lifestyle. It helps students develop the knowledge, motor skills, self-management skills, social skills, attitudes and confidence needed to adopt and maintain physical activity throughout their lives.
Quality personal fitness programs provide opportunities for:
- Students to learn the five component of personal fitness
- Introductory to the weight room
- Skills necessary to perform a variety of physical activities
- Implications and benefits of participating regularly in physical activity
- All students to be physically active