Volunteering in Pittsburgh Public Schools
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Pittsburgh Public Schools (PPS)! We appreciate the added support our many dedicated volunteers provide to our schools and students.
Volunteering for the First Time at PPS?
In accordance with changes to the State law, the District has adopted changes to the Volunteer Clearance Policy and associated Administrative Regulations. These new requirements are effective January 1, 2015, for new volunteers. Prior to volunteering in a school or on a school trip, a volunteer must complete and submit the following to their child’s school:
- Intake Form for Volunteers
- PA State Criminal History Report (obtained online)- https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
- Child Abuse Certification (obtained online)- https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- The FBI Criminal History Report (apply online) fingerprinting required – FBI report access code will be provided once an individual applies online- https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm, cost $27.00
- In lieu of completing the FBI Criminal History Report, volunteers who have been a resident of PA for ten consecutive years may choose to complete a signed PA Resident Form and Waiver Request -there is no cost to complete this form.
Information and Important Forms:
Any questions, please contact Mrs. Theuret, FACE Coordinator, 412-529-7652 and firstname.lastname@example.org.